How to deal with abuse and phishing in Outlook.com
Microsoft Corporation, founded by Bill Gates and Paul Allen is an American multinational technology company has been credited with providing some of the best software and hardware to users worldwide. The company develops, manufactures and sells a plethora of products including the famous Windows operating system, Microsoft Office Suite, Internet Explorer, personal computers and other consumer electronics. Apart from providing software for day-to-day computer operations, the company is also active in the video gaming industry with its top-of-the-line gaming console series of Xbox.
If you are an avid Microsoft windows lover then you are one of the lucky ones to have one of the best operating systems. However, like other software even windows operating system has its dark days and sometimes an unknown error might enter your system crippling it completely. In such a scenario there is only one way out, the technical expertise of Microsoft outlook customer support. We are available round-the-clock to help consumers with any issues that might interfere with the normal functioning of Windows operating system.
If you have been a victim of abuse, spoofing or phishing on the Outlook.com then kindly follow the guidelines provided by the Microsoft outlook support experts.
How to Report Abuse?
- In case you are being threatened online, consider contacting the local law enforcement agencies to let them know of such threats.
- In order to report incidences of harassment, child pornography and any other illegal activities received from an outlook.com account, forward the same mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also include the number of times that you have received the message and the relationship you have with the sender of the mail.
How to protect yourself from Phishing Scams?
A phishing scam involves an email that seems harmless but is an attempt by an online hacker to get unauthorized access to your personal information. Kindly follow the steps below to ensure complete safety for your computer system;
- Do not reply to an email that is asking to enter your personal or account related information.
- In case you receive a mail that looks suspicious or asks you any information, do not click on the link.
- If you receive a mail from a company, then contact the company customer care to confirm is the mail is legitimate.
How to report a phishing scam?
In case you receive a phishing scam, report the email by selecting the arrow next to the Junk and choose one of the options from below;
- Junk, use this option to delete unwanted emails.
- Phishing scams, this option can be used for removing mails that ask you for your personal information including password, bank account information.
If you are facing any other technical issue, contact the experts at the Microsoft outlook support experts at 0-800-820-3300